Hot Water Systems Perth, WA
We provide a comprehensive range of heated water services to residential and business customers in and around the city. Our team of plumbers and gas fitters can tackle installation and repair work for all types of systems in all types of environments. From small hot water system repairs in Perth homes to large-scale industrial installations, we have the knowledge and expertise to meet your needs in full. In addition to being fully experienced in all areas of hot water system installation, maintenance, and repair, our prices are highly competitive so if you demand high quality work at low prices, you have come to the right place! For a detailed quotation, call us now on the number provided. Alternatively, please feel free to email us with any questions you may have about our services in the area.
We cover as far south of the city as Rockingham, and as far north as Joondalup so there is no need to worry that you are out of our coverage zone just because you don’t live in the CBD. Our services for hot water systems in Perth cover the whole of the metropolitan area and beyond. Wherever you happen to live or do business, you can rely on us to attend to your needs promptly and efficiently at all times. Furthermore, if you have an emergency such as a burst hot water pipe, you can take advantage of our 24-hour callout service. Our highly-skilled engineers have many years of experience in diagnosing problems and carrying out hot water repairs in Perth.
We Install Solar, Gas & Electric Powered Hot Water Systems
There are two main types of hot water systems in use in Western Australia today both of which we can install in your property: storage tank and continuous flow. Systems that utilise a storage tank may use electricity, gas, heat pumps, or solar panels as a source of energy whereas most continuous flow models use gas to heat the water. However, if you are interested in a tank-less system but would prefer not to use gas, you can find some that run on electricity.
The principle difference between the two main types is that continuous flow systems heat water on demand rather than heating it and then storing it in a tank. The main advantage of on-demand systems is that they generally use less energy: hot water stored in a tank needs to be reheated throughout the day if you are to have a ready source whenever you need it. On-demand systems, on the other hand, use a heat exchanger to heat cold water as it passes through. To help you choose, we have summarised the main benefits associated with each type of system below:
Continuous Flowing Hot Water
- No Heat Loss – The reason that many of the gas hot water systems Perth homeowners buy nowadays utilise a heat exchanger rather than a storage tank is because this design eliminates the heat loss referred to earlier. The water in a storage tank inevitably cools unless it is in constant use and needs to be heated again to ensure you have a plentiful supply at all times. When the water is only heated on demand, there is no wastefulness as far as energy usage is concerned.
- More Compact – Because there is no need to install a storage tank, a system designed to provide on-demand hot water in Perth homes or business premises will take up less space. This is a particularly attractive feature for those with smaller properties.
- Cleaner Water – Sediment and rust often accumulate in storage tanks over the years, which can mean that your hot water occasionally contains unwanted particles. The lack of a tank ensures that this is not a problem with on-demand, electric or gas hot water in Perth.
Hot Water Storage Tank
- Greater Choice of Energy Sources – Whereas with continuous flow systems you are normally restricted to a choice of mains electricity or gas, systems that utilise a storage tank can heat water with solar panels or heat pumps, as well as electricity or gas. For individuals and businesses keen to reduce their carbon footprint, solar hot water in Perth is a great choice, as is water that is heated by geothermal heat pumps.
- Instant Hot Water – With on-demand systems, you normally have to run the tap for a few seconds before hot water starts to come through. If this is likely to bother you, a storage tank system may be a better choice. Assuming you have left the system on, the water coming out of your taps will be hot from the moment you turn them on.
- Can Be Cheaper to Run – If you want to use electricity to heat your water and you are happy to heat it only during off peak times, a storage tank system could be cheaper to run. However, if you are using gas, this will probably not be the case.
Keeping Your Systems Running
Whichever type of system you decide to install, you can rely on the team at Peter Stannard to keep it running at maximum efficiency throughout its useful lifespan. Our engineers are proficient at performing electric and gas hot water repairs in Perth, on both continuous flow and storage tank systems. We also have the expertise to maintain and repair systems that use renewable energy sources, such as the aforementioned heat pump and vacuum tube solar panel setups. In fact, we are one of the most experienced teams in the area as far as solar hot water repairs in Perth are concerned so if you are having problems with your system, do not hesitate to get in touch.
Evaluating Your Options
Whether you are interested in having a new system installed or you would like to know what your choices are as far as having an existing system repaired is concerned, we will be more than happy to help you evaluate the different options that are open to you and to provide you with competitive quotations for those that appeal to you most.